Saying farewell to a loved one is an important occasion and a can be a daunting one. Celebrating their life can mean both recognising what they’ve brought to the world, and what their family and friends are going to miss now that they have left it.
Your first step to planning a funeral is to contact us via our website or simply pickup the phone.
Here at Mattiske Funerals we have years of experience creating special goodbyes because we listen to you, ask you about your needs and requirements, and take the time to get to know your lost loved one. We can then make suggestions about creating a funeral service that is as special as they were. We know what questions to ask to make this process easier for you.
Regardless of which funeral option you choose we can tailor the service to your requirements and you might like to include some of the following in your loved one’s service:
- Your choice of civil celebrant or religious clergy.
- A private viewing or viewing at the funeral to share your final moments together and say that special goodbye.
- A choice of coffin styles and designs to suit your budget and type of service.
- Your choice of service theme, including music, flowers, and memorial cards and visitor book.
- Catering facilities at either of our two private funeral chapels.
- A permanent online memorial.
While arranging a funeral service is an intensely personal experience and we want to help you through every step of the process there are a few official procedures that need to be carried out.
We will be there to help you through every step of this process and when you contact us there are a few things we’re going to need from you to get started:
- The age and full name and address of your loved one.
- The address and phone number of where they are currently located whether this be a hospital, nursing home or coroner.
- Their doctor’s contact details.
There are also a number of official certificates that are required but we can help you smooth out the process of getting those and filing them with the relevant authorities and take the load off of your shoulders so you can concentrate on the important matters.
Choosing a Burial Service
Mattiske Funerals is please to offer a range of burial packages and as always we will listen to what you have to say and can make changes so that you get the service that celebrates the life of your loved one the way you want.
Choosing a Cremation Service
If your loved one has chosen a cremation service then we can help make all of the necessary arrangements and will take the time to explain all of the options and additions you have for your service and to answer all of your questions.
Church or Chapel It's completely up to you whether you choose to have the funeral or memorial service at one of Mattiske Funerals own chapels, a chapel at the cemetery or any church of your choosing. We will liase with the celebrant,